I don’t know what’s going on these days but there seems to be a lot of people walking around and doing stuff butt naked. Recent news stories:
• In August 2009, a 51 year old Philadelphia man turned himself in after being identified in home surveillance cameras of two homes he burgled while naked. In one home he stole a laptop. Maybe he needed it to make an online clothing purchase.
• In October 2009, police in Louisiana arrested a 50 year old man who broke into a house. He was caught on a home surveillance camera. During his break in, he was naked, he cooked a meal, ate it and finally took a shower.
• June 2009, GOLDEN, Colo. – Authorities said a naked intruder startled a woman in her home west of Denver, then fled in a sheet to another home where he was discovered wearing women's clothing.
• Dec . 30, 2008 PORTLAND, Ore. - The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said an 88-year-old woman fended off a naked intruder by grabbing the man's crotch and squeezing. Deputy Paul McRedmond said the man got into the house Tuesday through a sliding door. He backed the woman into her living room and pushed her face down onto a chair. That's when the woman reached behind and squeezed. The man tore free and fled.
• In Denver, a fellow tried to break into a pizza shop by going down through the vent over the oven. He was naked as a jay bird. He got stuck in the vent. When employees arrived out the restaurant for the day, there he was suspended in the vent, his legs hanging out. If you don’t believe me about these naked burglars check out : http://www.mixx.com/videos/4274144/naked_burglar_found_stuck_in_restaurant_oven_vent_video
OK, here are a couple of stories where it wasn’t a burglar who was naked:
• In August 2009 in Jackson, Michigan as an intruder rummaged through his living room and his two children slept upstairs, Tim Maynard stood near a doorway, naked and armed with a baseball bat. The burglar came toward him and Maynard swung, breaking the man's jaw and sending him stumbling out a sliding door.”
• September 2009 - LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 91-year-old South Florida man jumped out of bed naked and held an intruder at gunpoint until deputies arrived.
I read a several news stories about naked people ordering food at the McDonald’s drive thru. Google “naked man at McDonald’s drive thru”. I order a sausage burrito every day at McDonald's, maybe next week I will try out ordering one while in the buff.
• A 40-year old man in Tallahassee, Florida was tasered and arrested for walking his dog in the nude (him, the dog had a collar on). Apparently the man become belligerent and refused to obey police orders, which led to the tasering. When asked what he was doing, the man told the officer, "Allah told me to watch a Bruce Willis movie and walk the dog".
You know I was thinking about watching a Bruce Willis movie tonight. Maybe the Dog next door might want to go for a walk.
Ok, you will love this one. Naked Dude orders taco from truck. See http://www.videosift.com/video/Naked-Dude-Buys-Tacos-at-Taco-Truck
Ok that’s enough of the naked news. I need to get going for the day. I am going to rake the yard. I will of course be naked so drive by if you want to and I will give you a friendly waive.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)