Here are a couple interesting news tidbits
Weekend At Bernie’s Revisited. April 6, 2010 Huffington Post - A 91-year-old German man has been refused entry to a flight in Liverpool's John Lennon Airport - because he was dead. The recently departed man was brought to the airport by two relatives on Saturday, sitting in a wheelchair and sporting a pair of sunglasses. Staff became suspicious when the man did not respond to questions by airport staff. His relatives, two women aged 41 and 66, were arrested. The couple was believed to be attempting to flout repatriation fees for the dead man. Bodies being repatriated by air are required to be contained inside hermetically-sealed zinc-lined coffins and require paperwork to travel in the hold.
The dead guy wearing sunglasses while he was dragged through the airport. Unbelievable. When we all watched the movie “Weekend at Bernie’s” it was funny but thought that would never happen. Well guess what, it did happen.
Stun Gun Dating
The Salt Lake Tribune - 04/10/2010 08:11:58 PM MDT. Provo » A Brigham Young University student has been arrested on suspicion of using a stun gun on a woman and trying to handcuff her. Stetson Hallam was booked Thursday night into the Utah County jail on third-degree felony charges of aggravated assault and attempted kidnapping. The 20-year-old BYU sophomore is accused of pinning the 19-year-old woman to the ground and trying to handcuff her after incapacitating her with a stun gun Tuesday at an apartment complex where both live. Police say he had pursued the woman romantically, but she had no interest in him. They also say he was the woman's home teacher in their Mormon church ward.
When I was courting the Lovely Sharon, I took her to dinner, I bought her flowers, I spoke words of romance to her. Call me stupid but I never considered using a Stun Gun on her. Just think of the money and time I could have saved if I had just used the stun gun on her and then handcuffed her. These BYU dating techniques might be worth trying. Maybe I will try them next year on Valentine’s Day.
Mich. fugitive found in Pa. bar in hospital gown
Monday, March 22, 2010 (03-22) 12:34 PDT Pittsburgh (AP) -- A fugitive wanted for bank robbery in Michigan is in custody after police say he walked out of a Pittsburgh hospital and into a bar wearing only his hospital gown, with an intravenous needle still his arm. Authorities say police were called to JR's Bar Friday night after 20-year-old Elbert Lewis Thompson II walked in from Allegheny General Hospital. Thompson was taken into custody a short time later. Police in Vandergrift say Thompson had been detained by officers after fleeing a traffic stop there, about 25 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. He was initially hospitalized after complaining of feeling sick and losing consciousness. Thompson is wanted in Oakland County, Michigan, for armed robbery and other charges. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.
This sounds like a joke doesn't it? " A man walks into a bar in a hospital gown..........."
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)