Our wonderful congressional leaders are so inspiring. Whether they are polictically left leaning, right leaning or in the middle, they are suppose to be adults, they are suppose to be looking at the good of the Country, the good of the average American, but by and large, they are uninspiring and are primarily interested in one thing only, their own reelection. Look at the following email sent by a Republican Congressman from Florida to a Democratic CongressWoman from Florida:
From: Z112 West, Allen (Republican Congressman from Florida)
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Wasserman Schultz, Debbie (Democratic CongressWoman from Florida)
Cc: McCarthy, Kevin; Blyth, Jonathan; Pelosi, Nancy; Cantor, Eric
Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz
Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!
I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.
You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!
Steadfast and Loyal
Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)
This does not sound like words from a statesman, it sounds like an angry neighbor in a fenceline dispute.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has publicly stated that his biggest goal is to cause President Obama to be defeated in the next election. He may not like the President, he may hate the President's policies, but to state that his biggest single goal is to defeat the President is a telling statement. McConnell's highest priority is not to help turn the economy around, it is not to save social security, it is not to aid in the creation of new jobs, it is not to help bring needed tax reform, it is not to help reduce the deficit, it is to defeat the President. Really, that is your biggest goal? His biggest goal is not to win the game but injure an opposing player. Would you want this man to be your next door neighbor. You wouldn't let your dog out of the house when McConnell was out in his yard.
As citizens do we really think that our "leaders" can set aside differences for the common good? Ansolutely not.
1. Term Limits, Term Limits, Term Limits
2. All laws applicable to the rank and file American must be applicable to Congress and all members thereof.
3. No pension nor retirement benefitis should be paid from the US Government to the President, Senators or Congressmen. Election to office is not suppose to be a career.
4. Cut congressional staffs in half.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment