Its midnight and I just woke up after a couple of hours of sleep. Read my office email and responded. I had a crazy client send me an email after 11:00 pm (Don you know who you are) and I crazily responded. Obviously he and I need to get back to bed. I mean our respective beds.
Our politicians, what a sorry bunch. I just read where a Minnesota Democrat who had a rest-stop sexual encounter with a 17-year-old boy dropped his re-election bid Wednesday, hours after declaring he would stay in the race in defiance of party leaders who wanted him out as they fight to regain control of the state Legislature. Rep. Kerry Gauthier, 56, told The Associated Press the decision was his own after multiple conversations with Democratic leaders pressing him to withdraw. Can you imagine he even had to think about not withdrawing?
" I know had sex with a 17 year old boy in a truckstop bathroom but I am such a good state leader."
Its kind of hard to be in the State legislature when you are in prison, where you should be. There are plenty of bubba's in prison looking for love. Maybe Gauthier could be home room leader in prison.
Then there is Todd Akin a Republican congressman who said that women's bodies automatically protect them from impregnation after "legitimate rape". What the hell is legitiment rape? Can't get pregnant from legitiment rape? Does this goofball know anything about biology? Doesn't it scare you to think this fellow might be making decisions for 300 million Americans? This stupid statement and his refusal to quit the Senate race is not a good thing for Republicans.
From Reuters on line:
"Despite appeals from Romney and other leading Republicans, Akin refused to quit the Missouri Senate race before a deadline on Tuesday, increasing the party's risk of losing women's votes and distracting from Romney's message on the economy.
Vowing not to bow to pressure from "party bosses", Akin said he would remain in the contest against Democratic U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill to respect the wishes of Missouri voters. But he left open the possibility of pulling out.
"I'm never going to say everything that could possibly happen. I don't know the future," he said on ABC's "Good Morning America."
Republicans fear the Akin episode could not only damage Romney's White House bid but also prevent them from winning the Senate seat in Missouri. That could have important national consequences as it might end their chances at the four-seat net gain they need ensure a majority in the 100-member Senate."
I say let him explain himself at next week's Republican convention with a prime time televised speech.
This pathetic bozo says he wants to stay in the race to respect the wishes of the Missouri voters. Who is he "effing" kidding. This is a personal power deal for himself. Whenever these insanely stupid policticians screw up they say they are not resigning in order to keep helping the public. They don't want to disappoint us by resigning. I think we can live with our disappointment. Yeah the public wants dumbshits (this is a Latin Phrase meaning "He without common sense") to represent us.
I suggest Akin and the Minnesota policitican go to a truckstop bathroom together and figure out how much the voters want either one of them. I for one am disgusted by both of them.
I just saw a video of England's Prince Harry naked in Las Vegas. I am not really sure what to say about this. First of all, I don't really give a sh#* about it. Second, he wasn't wearing a crown and you could not really see the crown jewels (or for the matter the family jewels). Third, where was Paris Hilton or Pamela Anderson when this happened? They had to be around somewhere.
I am not anti-gay. If you want to be gay, be gay. I have gay friends I like them. People make their own life choices so be it. But please quit kissing at Chick Fil A. I don't want to see hetersexual couples kissing at Chick Fil A. Go to Wienerschnitzel, or better yet go with the Minnesota politician to the truckstop.
Here is something I just read in News of the Weird: "The price of chicken is soaring in Iran. So much so, that an Iranian police chief, Esmail Ahmadi Moghaddam, has issued a statement urging television stations to not broadcast images of people eating chicken, for fear that the sight of such gustatory delight will cause poor people unable to afford chicken to rise up in revolt. He says, "Certain people witnessing this class gap between the rich and the poor might grab a knife and think they will get their share from the wealthy." [chicagotribune.com]"
That is what we fought for in Iran, so rich arabs can eat chicken without being accosted by poor arabs. I for one hope that Chick Fil A does not open up in Iran. Who knows what would happen.
I have a headache and I am going back to bed.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment