Generally, each day 30 to 100 people take a look at this blog. I know because the web site keeps track of web views. I don't know who reads the blog but I do know the number of readers on a given day. Four or five days ago I had over 900 readers on one day. The very next day I had over 400 readers. These are very big reader numbers indeed for this blog. At first I thought that people were finally getting interested in my writing and my view on life. I felt smart and appreciated. I walked with a little more spring in my step. But then it occurred to me. A few days earlier I had posted a blog entitled "Princess Kate's Boobs". This big increase in readers over a two day period had nothing to do with my great talent and insight, these folks no doubt Googled the phrase "Princess Kates's Boobs" and were directed to my blog.
If I had known how easy it really was to increase readership over the last three years I could have named my various blog entries appropriately: Consider:
Christmas and Princess Kate's Boobs
I Really Like my Dad and Princess Kate's Boobs
The Loneliness Highway in America and Princess Kates Boobs
My High School Reunion and Princess Kate's Boobs
What the Heck is Mitt Romney Doing and Princess Kate's Boobs.
How do I start the Downswing and Princess Kate's Boobs
Think about it. I could be a big time blogger if I had only thought of adding four simple words:
"and Princess Kate's Boobs" to each title.
People are not interested in my insight, my humour, my desciptions of life with the Lovely Sharon or my keen polictical analysis, they are simply interested in Princess Kate's Boobs. I am seriously contempating naming every blog entry with some variation of "Princess Kate's Boobs". When people tire of my ruse, I can branch out and for awhile use phrases in blog entries such as:
Oprah is a Lesbian
Lyndsey Lohan in Jail Again
Brittney Spears is not wearing Panties.
Mitt Romney is a Do Do Head
Barrack Obama's Birth Certificate found in Kenya.
The blog entries to which these titles woould have nothing to do with the title, they would be just my same old stuff about golf, life, politics, things that bug me or the Lovely Sharon. But you won't know that until you have already gone to my blog and my count number of readers would be appropriately increased.
So watch out for new and exciting titles in the future.
I must sign off now, as I am going to Google "Princess Kate's Boobs" and see what's on line.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)