Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Mitt Romney is a Poopy Head
It has been interesting to read all of the reasons republicans have given for why Mitt Romney lost the election. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Grover Norquist, right wing founder and president of Americans For Tax Reform, has a theory about why President Barack Obama won – Grover said that
"the President portrayed Mitt Romney as a "poopy head."
Grover said that "the president was committed; elected on the basis that he was not Romney and Romney was a poopy head and you should vote against Romney and he won by two points."
I am not making this up. Grover said this on “CBS This Morning” on Monday, November 12, 2012. If you recall Grover is the No New Tax Pledge Guy.
I don’t think I ever heard the President call Brother Mitt a Poopy Head. I don’t even think Brother Mitt is a Poopy Head. I should know because I consider myself a Poopy Head and most of the men I golf with are definitely Poopy Heads.
2. According to “Forbes Magazine”, one of the reasons Brother Mitt lost was because the President got very lucky when Hurricane Sandy destroyed a huge part of the East Coast. What great luck for the President that so many people died, lost their homes, all of their worldly possessions and totally had their lives turned upside down. Is Forbes suggesting the President was dancing with glee when the Hurricane hit? Dear Forbes are you effing kidding me? No wonder magazines are going out of business.
3. Another reason bandied about for Brother Mitt’s loss is that Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christi praised the President’s responsiveness in connection with emergency efforts for Hurricane Sandy. That bastard Chris Christi, working hard for the people of New Jersey, caused Mitt to lose by thanking the President for his help. What was Chris thinking? He should have told the President to stay out of New Jersey and keep FEMA out too. Remember before the Hurricane what Brother Mitt said about FEMA:
During a CNN debate at the height of the GOP primary, Mitt Romney was asked, in the context of the Joplin disaster and FEMA's cash crunch, whether the agency should be shuttered so that states can individually take over responsibility for disaster response.
"Absolutely," he said. "Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that's even better. Instead of thinking, in the federal budget, what we should cut, we should ask the opposite question, what should we keep?"
"Including disaster relief, though?" debate moderator John King asked Romney.
"We cannot -- we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids," Romney replied. "It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we'll all be dead and gone before it's paid off. It makes no sense at all.
So Brother Mitt’s position is that it is immoral for the Federal Government to spend FEMA money to help those damaged by the Hurricane and that it should be the States’ job or better yet private industry to deal with the damage. Who pays private industry to handle this mess? If you and 100 houses around you are destroyed by a fire, a flood, a hurricane or a bomb, do you really hope the Fed’s keep out of the neighborhood?
4. Forbes also said Brother Mitt lost because the President and his allies spent over $200 million trashing Mitt Romney before the Republican convention. Forbes asserted that Romney never fully recovered from those assaults. Duh! The republicans with their PAC’s spent almost a Billion Dollars attacking President Obama. The billionaires who put hundreds of millions of dollars in Pac's are now pissed because their “investment” did not "pay off". Their “Investment?” Their Pac money was an investment? I guess that tells you something.
So their contribution to Pac's was not a donation to help the country, it was an investment for which these billionaires expected a return. You would think if these guys were such great business men they would have put their money in a winning Pac. Well boys I think you invested in a Bernie Madoff Scheme.
5. Karl Rove said Brother Mitt lost because the President suppressed the vote. Karl asserts that the President prevented republicans from voting. Karl (who went to Olympus High school in Salt Lake City) don’t you recall the big push the republicans have made in this last year to prevent, students, the poor and other democratic constituencies from voting? Changing ID requirements, shortening early voting, and facilitating republican voting hit squads to intimidate people Karl as beautiful as you are ,and if I recall you were called Bush's Brain, I think you got this “bass ackward”. I think Bush may want a brain transplant
These are all good reasons that Brother Mitt lost. Maybe someone should write these all down somewhere as an analysis of the 2012 election. Instead of previous books like The Making of a President or Game Changer they could call it Obama Lucked Out With a Hurricane and Brother Mitt is a Poopy Head.
Now we are seeing people wanting their states to secede from the United States because Brother Mitt Lost. I for one am in favor of that. I suggest that we take all of the secessionists; put them in Texas, a nice big state with a good economy, help them secede from the United States, make Texas a separate country and build a 15 foot fence around it so these nuts cannot get back in the USA. No immigration reforms for these wacko's