I cannot believe this year’s Super Bowl is Super Bowl 47 or XLVII. I vividly remember the first couple of Super Bowls with the Green Bay Packers, I remember the Joe Namath –New York Jets Super Bowl. I went to the 1978 Super Bowl with my father and some cousins. It was Dallas v. Denver held in the Superdome in New Orleans. I had a wonderful trip. It seems like it was just a few years ago.
I don’t know what Skype is. I am pretty certain the Lovely Sharon has told me what it is, but for some reason I cannot remember what it is.
Salt Lake was in the 30’s today. That is the warmest it has been for a long time.
I think Hillary Clinton did a good job as Secretary of State. If I were her, I would not run for president in 2016. I would enjoy life and do something else.
Last Sunday I played golf with the Lovely Sharon, who is a very good player and with Mina and Gary. At one time Mina was on the LPGA Tour, she regained her amateur status and a couple of years ago won the USGA Senior Women’s Championship. I think she took second the year before or the year after her Championship. This last year she was inducted in the Texas Golf Hall of Fame. In her class of inducted members was Justin Leonard. Her husband Gary was the Director of Golf at a club in Texas. Gary and Mina are great golfers and wonderful people. As I have blogged before, I am a horrible golfer and that day I played worse than ever. It was humiliating. I kept my spirits up but I can tell you I was horrible. If my golf cart had of been gas instead of electric, I would have been sucking on the exhaust pipe by the 8th hole.
I wish I had a dog.
Two weeks ago I attended two funerals in four days. It made me think about my own mortality and how few good things that can be said about me when I move on. I suppose I ought to do better or not have a funeral.
I am thinking about buying a Microsoft Surface Tablet. Maybe I will, Maybe I won’t.
I had a scary eye issue a couple of weeks ago but it seems to be ok now.
In the near future I would like to go to Catalina Island. Is has probably been 45 years since I was last there.
I never cared much for Actor/Director Orson Wells.
I think NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre is a terrible spokesman for the NRA. I am not an NRA fan but if I were them I would get a more effective spokesman.
I love images of the 1920’s to the 1950’s.
Ok that’s it. I have download my brain.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)