I woke up around 4:00 am, made coffee, read the morning news and checked office email. A couple of hours later, the Lovely Sharon walked in the room in jammies and a robe, looking pretty cute. Her hair was a little mussed but as Lary David might say, she looked pretty, pretty good. She gave me a kiss and a hug. After a while she looked at me with what I erroneously thought was a "come hither" look. She looked right into my eyes. I looked back. It was kind of like a Viagra or Cialis televsion add. You know know the ones when the wife looks at the husband, the husband looks back at the wife. The walls of the house magically move away and there are two bath tubs on the beach. Background music plays while the couple looks seductively at each other.
Well this was that moment. The Lovely Sharon and I seemingly in a tv add siutation. I listened for the music. I am pretty sure I could hear some, although it might have been the news on MSNBC. I did not expect the walls to disappear because it was raining and I would not want the furniture to get wet. So I waited for her next words. She said
"I wonder if you want to do something with me?"
She really did look good and she really seemed to have that look in her eye. I immediately thought "Are you kidding? Absolutely I do."
I was ready for the next words out of her mouth. She said nothing for a few seconds and then she said:
"Do you want to go bowling with me today?"
I responded with "What?" not believing what I had just heard, having assumed something entirely different.
She repeated "Do you want to go bowling with me today?"
I just looked at her and said "sure, why do you ask?"
She said she was bowling with lady friends on Monday and she had not bowled for years and wanted to practice. Well we went bowling. I had not bowled for years either. We boweled for an hour. It cost $25 dollars for the hour and the rental of two pairs of shoes. It was fun. I was horrible. After a slow start she played pretty, pretty good. The Lovely Sharon had a 161 in one of the games.
She did not like the rental shoes so we need to go buy her own shoes today.
I tried to give her some tips, but she is a better bowler than me.
She had a little mishap.
All in all it was fun and after bowling we had Mexican food and Margaritas.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)