Last Friday, March 21st, was the 10th Anniversary of the marriage the Lovely Sharon and I. Ten years, unbelievable. Its seems like it has only been a couple of years. As many of our friends are aware, we were married near the 14th hole at Ironwood Country Club's South Course in Palm Desert , California. Before the ceremony we played 18 holes of golf and were married ion our golf clothes and golf shoes. When we were saying the "I do's", coyotes were howling from the surrounding mountains.
This year we celebrated as normal. We had breakfast at my favorite breakfast spot in Palm Desert- Café des Beaux-Arts on El Paseo. I had my usual, eggs benedict and the Lovely Sharon had an omelet.
After breakfast we played 18 holes of golf at Ironwood. The weather was beautiful, the course was beautiful and the Lovely Sharon was beautiful.
After golf we went back home for an hour or two and then we headed back to the spot where we were married. We took a bottle of Champagne and an Ipod with Tony Bennett's "The Way You Look Tonight".
We toasted each other and danced in the late afternoon sun to Tony. Finally, we headed to the Club House for Dinner. A magnificent day.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)