1. A couple of weeks ago, the Lovely Sharon and I played golf on the North Course at Ironwood Country Club in Palm Desert. As we pulled up to the ladies tee box I looked around at the adjacent rocks hoping to see critters. I actually wanted to see a snake, but I cannot write about snakes on this blog or mention the word because of the Lovely Sharon's overwhelming fear and distaste of snakes. So forget the snakes. We did see a rather large lizard maybe 50 or 60 feet from where we were standing so I took a couple of photos. It appeared that the lizard was shedding its skin around its tail.
Thank goodness I have a good zoom on my camera
3. I have read a half a dozen books or so in the last three weeks but none were worth listing above. I have 6 or 7 books in my current stack. I hope I enjoy at least a couple of them. I am currently reading a short novel by Richards Helms that takes place in 1958 Havana Cuba. This Richard Helms is a novelist, he is not the Richard Helms that was the Director of the CIA. In the first part of the book, the lead character is thinking about buying a brand new 1958 Buick Roadmaster. Here is a photo of such a car I found on the internet. Very cool. I like cars from the 1950's.
4. I have absolutely no interest in this years NBA playoff's and will be glad when its over. The NBA season is way too long.
5. The last time I was in Palm Desert, one of our cactus' was blooming. It was beautiful.
6. I always like to post a photo or two of my beloved, the Lovely Sharon. Here she is on the the North Course 17th tee box at Ironwood Country Club a couple of weeks ago.
7. You know these videos we see where a soldier surprises a spouse or child at the ballgame or at school? I love watching them. The surprise and love always makes me feel good.
8. Finally, Memorial Day. I appreciate our military, present and past including my dear father. Thank each of you for what you have done for our country and for each of us.
Here are a couple of photos of my father from the 1940's. I have posted these before, but I love them:
I think this one was taken in Cuba
Have a nice Memorial Day. Give thanks to those who serve or who have served.
Post a Comment