I think you can judge a man's character and what is in a man's heart and soul by his words. We say what we think about. We act upon what we say. We inspire others to be better, to do better by our words.
Lincoln, FDR, JKJ, Gandhi and Churchill have inspired the world to act through their words. I have set forth below quotes of Bobby Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump for your consideration:
Bobby Kennedy Quotes
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"
"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope ... and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
"I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil."
If we would lead outside our borders, if we would help those who need our assistance, if we would meet our responsibilities to mankind, we must first, all of us, demolish the borders which history has erected between men within our own nations — barriers of race and religion, social class and ignorance.
"Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired."
Ronald Reagan Quotes
"I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life."
"No arsenal ... is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
"The ultimate determinant in the struggle now going on for the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas-a trial of spiritual resolve: the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish and the ideals to which we are dedicated."
"There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder."
Donald Trump Quotes
“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
“The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
“The point is, you can never be too greedy.”
"Look at those hands, are they small hands? And, [Republican rival Marco Rubio] referred to my hands: 'If they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."
“Who knows?" –Donald Trump, when asked if he would start a war with China as president, New York Times interview, March 25, 2016
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay? It's, like, incredible.”
“You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever." –Donald Trump, insulting Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly over questions she asked during the first Republican primary debate
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems...they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists."
“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?" –Donald Trump on Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina
"A person who is very flat chested is very hard to be a 10." –Donald Trump
"Women: You have to treat them like shit." –Donald Trump
“A total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States'
'I'd bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding”.
“The judge has an absolute conflict” in handling the case because he is “of Mexican heritage.”
My Last Thoughts
I really don't have to add anything to this post, just read the quotes and think about them.
Recently Read Books
- A Delicate Truth- John Le Carre (fiction)
- Perfect - Rachel Joyce (Fiction)
- The Expats - Chris Pavone (Fiction)
- An Event in Autumn - Henning Mankel (Fiction)
- Winter in Madrid - C.J.Sansom (Fiction)
- The Brothers - John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles - non-fiction
- LIfe Among Giants - Bill Roorbach (Novel)
- Empty Mansions - Bill Dedman (non-fiction)
- Woodrow Wilson (non fiction)
- Lawrence in Arabia (Non-Fiction)
- In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helpren (Fiction)
- Lesson in French - Hilary Reyl (fiction)
- Unbroken- Laura Hillenbrand (Non-Fiction)
- Venice, A New History- Thomas Madden - (Non- Fiction)
- Life is a Gift - Tony Bennett Autobiography
- The First Counsell - Brad Meltzer (Fiction)
- Destiny of the Republic - President James Garfield non-fiction by Candice Millard
- The Last Lion (volume III)- William Manchester and Paul Reid (non-fiction, Winston Churchill)
- Yellowstone Autumn -W.D. Wetherell (non-fiction about turning 55 and fishing in Yellowstone)
- Everybody was Young- (non-fiction Paris in the 1920's)
- Scorpion - (non fiction US Supreme Court)
- Supreme Power - Jeff Shesol (non-fiction)
- Zero day by David Baldacci ( I read all of Baldacci's Books)
- Northwest Angle - William Kent Krueger (fiction - I have read 5 or 6 books by this author)
- Camelot's Court-Insider the Kennedy Whitehouse- Robert Dallek
- Childe Hassam -Impressionist (a beautiful book of his paintings)
Friday, June 10, 2016
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment